Explore a world of health and flavor with our tantalizing raw food recipes. This hearty, tasty, and healthy soup is perfect for any time of year!
2 Tbsp coconut oil (omit if steam sauteing)
3 cups distilled water (or vegetable soup stock)
2 cups almond milk
1 small onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
4 cups raw or frozen corn
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
2 cubes vegetable bouillon (optional)
1 Tbsp whole-grain flour
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp Celtic sea salt OR Himalayan salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Place coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat (or steam saute with water).
2. Saute onion, celery, carrots and garlic until onion is translucent.
3. Bring water or soup stock to a boil. Add corn, vegetables from the skillet, almond milk, and bullion (if using).
4. Reduce heat to low and continue simmering until all vegetables are tender.
5. Remove ½ of the soup and allow to cool before putting in a Vitamix or other powerful blender.
6. Add flour and seasonings to cooled soup and blend until creamy.
7. Add blended soup back into unblended soup in soup pot and cook, stirring constantly, until chowder thickens.