Hearty, tasty, and healthy! Perfect for any time of year.
3 cups distilled water (or vegetable soup stock)
2 cups almond milk
1 small onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
4 cups raw or frozen corn
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
2 cubes vegetable bouillon (optional)
1 Tbsp whole-grain flour
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp Celtic sea salt OR Himalayan salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
2. Saute onion, celery, carrots and garlic until onion is translucent.
3. Bring water or soup stock to a boil. Add corn, vegetables from the skillet, and bullion (if using).
4. Reduce heat to low and continue simmering until all vegetables are tender.
5. Remove ½ of the soup and allow to cool before putting in a Vitamix or other powerful blender.
6. Add flour and seasonings to cooled soup and blend until creamy.
7. Add blended soup back into unblended soup in soup pot and cook, stirring constantly, until chowder thickens.