Tantalize your taste buds with this healthy sweet syrup over whole grain waffles and pancakes. Fresh or frozen blueberries can also be added to the batter of pancakes for additional blueberry flavor. DID YOU KNOW? Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruits. Blueberries promote urinary tract health, slow down loss of vision due to macular degeneration, cataracts, myopia and dryness of the eyes.
5 Medjool dates (pitted, soaked 2 hours, and drained)
1 tsp pure vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon
Juice of ½ lemon
Maple syrup and frozen fruit count toward the 15% cooked portion of The Hallelujah Diet
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
¼ cup pure maple syrup
Pinch of cinnamon
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor with an "S" blade and process until smooth.
3. A little soaking water may need to be added to make it pourable.
4. Pour over hot pancakes or waffles and enjoy.
5. Cooked Version
6. In a small sauce pan, slowly heat and stir until blueberries break down in the maple syrup.
7. Pour over hot pancakes or waffles and enjoy.