Combined with whole grain bread and a fresh. leafy salad, this warming, winter soup definitely hits the spot!
1 onion (chopped)
1 Tbsp chili powder (to taste)
1 tsp ground cumin
2 cans organic black beans (15-oz cans "“ rinsed)
3 cups distilled water
¼ tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp cilantro (chopped "“ optional garnish)
2. Add chili powder and cumin to onions and stir.
3. Add beans, water and salt, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
5. In a blender, place half of the soup and blend. (CAUTION: Allow soup to cool before blending)
6. Place blended soup back into saucepan, stir to mix, add garnish, and serve.