This delightful chili features kidney beans, which are packed with protein, fiber, vitamin b9, magnesium, potassium and tons of damage-repairing antioxidants to help protect you from heart disease, promote digestive health, stabilize blood sugar levels and improve your overall health. What’s more is that although this chili tastes and looks like it was expertly cooked, it’s conveniently simple to create—with lots of ingredients you probably already have in your cupboards!
2 cups red bell pepper, diced
2 cups poblano pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups celery, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups carrot, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups onion, finely chopped
6-8 garlic cloves, minced
2 large cans diced tomatoes
2 T. tomato paste
3 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels (frozen is ok, as long as they are organic)
2-3 cups vegetable broth
3 T. chili powder
1 T. smoked paprika
1/2 T. cumin
1/2 tsp. ground chipotle
2 T. honey
Coconut oil for sauteing
Sea Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Cashew Sour Cream
1 1/4 cup raw cashews, pre-soaked
1 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
1/2 cup water, or just enough to blend
1. In a large pot, heat a small amount of coconut oil.
2. Add in veggies and saute for 5-6 minutes, until they begin to soften.
3. Add in tomatoes, beans, and veggie broth, still keeping chili slightly thick.
4. Stir in honey and seasonings, and simmer for 30 min to one hour.
5. Stir in corn and simmer for 5 more min.
6. Taste, and season again with salt and pepper if necessary.
7. Serve garnished with vegan cheese shreds or cashew sour cream, and cilantro leaves.
Cashew Sour Cream
1. Add all ingredients to a Vitamix blender, and gradually increase speed to high.
2. Blend, using the tamper, until the mixture is completely smooth.
3. Use just enough water to get a smooth, light, velvety texture.
*Add some sweetener like coconut nectar, maple syrup, honey, or dates to make this a sweet cream, and use it as a delicious topping for fruit!