2 cups split peas
3 stalks celery
1 medium potato
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
1 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt (to taste)
½ cup parsley flakes
2 quarts soup stock
2. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
3. Shred carrots, chop or dice onion and celery, and cube potato.
4. Saute onion and spices in distilled water.
5. Add salt, soaked peas, and vegetable stock.
6. Bring to boil and simmer for one hour.
7. Add potatoes, carrots and celery.
8. Simmer for an additional hour or until peas have reached a soft consistency.
9. Stir often to prevent sticking.
10. Serve with a nice salad and some hearty, whole grain bread.