Flavored, frothy, and fun! If you're looking for a great tasting milk alternative the kids will love to make, this is it! Yields 6 cups using a Soyabella nut milk maker.
5-3/4 cups water (fill Soyabella to "1.3 L" line)
2 tsp vanilla flavoring (less if using extract)
¼ tsp unrefined salt
2. Place soaked oat groats into the milk screen.
3. Add dates to the milk screen.
4. Attach the milk screen to the head unit, locking it in place by turning counterclockwise.
5. Hit the "Mill" button 8-10 times. (the "Mill" button produces raw milk)
6. Pour fresh milk in a pitcher or bowl.
7. Add vanilla flavoring and salt and stir.
8. To make a glass of Strawberry Oat Milk: Add 8 oz. of Vanilla Oat Milk to a blender along with 5 frozen strawberries, 2 drops of stevia, and another ½ tsp vanilla flavoring. Makes 1 cup.
9. To make Cinnamon Apple Oat Milk: After step 2 above, add 1 tsp ground cinnamon in the milk screen. Reduce unrefined salt to 1/8 tsp. Instead of vanilla flavoring, use ½ cup apple juice. Makes 6 ½ cups.