Unlock the vibrant world of raw vegetable recipes, where freshness and flavor combine in delightful, healthful harmony. Start your culinary journey now!
Ingredients:1 1/2 cups black turtle beans
1 1/2 cups red kidney beans
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup green pepper, chopped
2 or 3 large tomatoes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup TVP (Texturized Vegetable Protein)
Celtic Sea Salt to taste
Unsalted tomato juice (*if needed)
Black olives (optional)
3 - 4 bunches of scallions
3 - 4 large tomatoes
Non-dairy cheddar cheese
Barbara's Blue Corn Chips (or other corn chips with no or low salt)
- Rinse and soak black turtle beans and red kidney beans overnight in distilled water.
- The following morning, drain the soaking water, rinse and cover beans with fresh water.
- Cook beans until tender, drain and set aside.
- Prepare the taco sauce - saut é carrots, green pepper, tomatoes and onions in a small amount of distilled water. Stir in prepared beans, add garlic powder, cumin, and TVP. Add salt to taste.
- *If additional liquid is required add unsalted tomato juice.
- Prepare the toppings: chop black olives (if using), scallions and tomatoes. Shred non-dairy cheese and lettuce. Crumble corn chips.
- To build the salad: On a large dinner plate crumble a layer of blue corn chips, top with shredded lettuce. Add 1 ladle of taco mix, top with scallions, tomatoes, shredded cheese, black olives if using.
*ORGANIC INGREDIENTS ARE ALWAYS RECOMMENDED.