Who needs chicken salad when you've got this? Make this mixture the day before a party, then let the flavors mingle overnight in the refrigerator and spread it on sandwich bread before the main event! Perfect with Hallelujah Acres Kale Chips.
½ large red bell pepper minced (remove seeds and stem)
1 cup minced purple onion
1 carrot, peeled, ground into tiny pieces with the S blade of the food processor
¾ cup broccoli, chopped fine with the S blade of the food processor
2-4 Tbsp water, only as needed
4 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups walnuts soaked overnight, soak water discarded
¾ tsp salt
¾ tsp dried dill weed
1-2 Tbsp ground flax seeds (for binding)
2. In food processor, add walnuts, 2 Tbsp water, dill weed, salt and lemon juice. Blend until creamy, adding more water only if needed.
3. As walnut mixture blends, stop the processor several times to push down the mixture that has crept up the sides of the bowl using a spoon or spatula.
4. Pour walnut mixture into the vegetable mixture. Stir well.
5. Ensure the mixture can spread on sandwich bread without falling apart.
6. To insure binding, add 1 Tbsp ground flax seed and mix well.