Makes 15 "yum-yum" balls.
1-1/2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
1/8 tsp unrefined salt
6 Tbsp raw honey
2-4 Tbsp ground flax seeds
1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds (by hand or in processor)
Carob powder to roll balls in (optional)
2. Transfer plums to a bowl and add shredded coconut. Stir together well.
3. Add honey, salt and vanilla. Stir well.
4. Stir almonds into your mixture.
5. Add ground flax seeds to thicken. Within a few minutes, flax seeds absorb excess moisture (don"™t make the mixture too hard).
6. Start by mixing in 2 Tbsp of ground flax seeds. If it still seems too wet to roll in balls, stir in another tablespoon and let it stand for a couple of minutes. Add enough flax seeds to give a firm enough texture to roll balls that are somewhat sticky.
7. Roll mixture into balls approximately the size of a golf ball. You could also roll them in carob powder for a different taste and appearance.