1 large onion (chopped)
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon Celtic or Himalayan salt (or to taste)
2 stalks celery (diced)
2 red peppers (diced)
2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and diced fine)
3 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
3 28 ounce cans whole tomatoes (chopped fine)
1 tablespoon chili powder (to taste)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
1 (15 ounce can kidney beans (drained)
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (drained)
1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained)
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
2. Stir in the onions, seasonings with bay leaves, and salt. Stir until onion is clear in color.
3. Then stir in celery, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and garlic.
4. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes. Then add beans and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
7. Stir in corn, and it is ready to serve following a huge salad, along with some hearty, whole grain bread.