Simple, delicious, and incredibly good for your health, hummus is a staple in many countries and has become a favorite for many on The Hallelujah Diet.
3 Tbsp almond butter
¼ cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 medium garlic cloves (peeled)
1 tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
¼ tsp cumin
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley leaves and shake of paprika (optional)
2. With machine still running, place garbanzo beans into chute.
3. Then add lemon juice, olive oil, almond butter and seasonings.
4. Process until mixed well and creamy.
5. Transfer to serving bowl and add garnishes.
6. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. NOTE: Makes an excellent and tasty replacement for mayonnaise on pita pockets, sandwich breads and wraps.