Here is one of our favorite raw summer salad recipes while fresh garden tomatoes are in season.
1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered or halved)
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup fresh mint (finely chopped)
2 cups flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves (minced)
3 scallions (finely chopped)
1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt (or to taste)
Options: Add 1 peeled and diced cucumber and/or ½ teaspoon allspice.
2. Quarter or halve cherry tomatoes.
3. Clean parsley leaves removing stems and chop fine.
4. Cut green onions in ¼ in lengths.
5. Place drained bulgur wheat into a serving bowl, add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
6. Cover bowl and allow to cool in refrigerate several hours or overnight to allow flavors to mingle.
7. Stir well once again before serving.
8. Serve on a bed of lettuce. ENJOY!