1 Meyer Lemon (juice from)
3 garlic cloves (peeled)
¼ cup raw almond butter
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
Pinch of ground cayenne pepper
Pinch of paprika (reserve for garnish)
2. Add remaining ingredients except paprika and process until creamy consistency.
3. If too thick add a little more olive oil.
4. Check seasoning and adjust to taste.
5. Sprinkle with paprika, cover and refrigerate at least one hour to allow flavors to mingle.
6. Serve with pita bread, chips, dehydrated flax crackers, etc.
7. OPTIONS: To overcome slightly bitter tasting garbanzo beans, sprouted beans can be dipped in a pot of hot water that has been brought to a boil and allowed to cool for one minute. Allow beans to sit for one minute and then drain. (This step will kill some of the enzymes but should remove the bitterness.) Another option is to add some sweetener to the raw hummus (agave nectar or raw honey).