A beautifully simple and tasty alternative to traditional linguini. Try it at your next dinner party!
1 cup dehydrated tomatoes, soaked
1 large red onion, sliced very thin
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1½ cups fresh basil, chopped
1½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
12 ounces fresh linguini pasta
1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives (optional)
½ cup grated non-dairy parmesan cheese
Celtic Sea Salt to taste
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
2. Toss with balsamic vinegar and oil.
3. Cover loosely with waxed paper.
4. Place pan in a dehydrator at 105 degrees for 4 to 6 hours (or on a hot sunny window ledge), stir, then add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water until done al dente. Drain.
6. Add warmed tomato mixture and the remaining ½ cup basil, tossing until combined.
7. Sprinkle with olives and cheese before serving, adding salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature.