Here is a delicious crunchy oat recipe that is perfect as a granola base, or can be eaten alone, as simply crunchy honey oats. Store Honey Granola Base in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Take out desired amount and add anything you like. Some excellent additions may be raisins, raw nuts, raw seeds, fresh orange slices, chopped dates, and/or goji berries. Granola can be eaten dry or topped with plant based milk. A delightful breakfast is Honey Granola Base with a sliced banana and cold almond milk. A couple tablespoons on top of your favorite smoothie is another way to enjoy.
5 tablespoons virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup honey
2. Pour over oats and stir well to coat oats.
3. Place mixture into a large baking dish. (around 14" x 11")
4. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring once about halfway through.
5. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
6. If you want it sweeter, use ½ cup honey instead of 1/3 cup.