If you would like to indulge in a heavenly tasting entre for your next holiday, you will dazzle your family and guest with this “NOT HAM” recipe. It is hearty, healthy and filling. The Rosemary, cumin, lemon and black pepper give it the ideal flavor to compliment your meal. And don’t forget, the perfect color is derived from a tablespoon of BeetMax from Hallelujah Diet. Notes Kitchen Time 4 hours to soak nuts 15 minutes to shape 30 minutes to mix 10 hours to dehydrate Recipe is for a medium size ham. Double the recipe to make a larger ham.
2 cups pecans
2 cups almonds
1 cup pine nuts
1 cup cashews
1 medium white onion
6 cloves garlic
2 celery stalks, hand sliced real fine
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon black pepper, fresh
2 tablespoons dried Rosemary
6 tablespoons psyllium husks
2 teaspoons Celtic Sea Salt
1-2 tablespoon(s) BeetMax, gives "Ham" its color
1 Medium Sized Jicama
1/3 cup raw honey
½ cup fresh pineapple, finely diced
2 cloves garlic
1 zucchini, peeled and chopped
2 cups sunflower seeds
½ cup raw tahini
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup distilled water
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste.
2. Soak the nuts for 4 hours, then drain and rinse.
3. Run the nuts, onion, and garlic cloves through a Champion Juicer or GreenStar with a blank screen and place the "homogenized nuts" into a large bowl.
4. Mix the remaining ham ingredients together and then add them to the "homogenized nuts".
5. Mix well!! Sculpture the ingredients into the shape of a ham on a dehydrating try.
6. Ham Bone
7. Peel a medium size jicama and carefully hollow it out. Fill jicama with hummus to simulate bone marrow. Now, place half of this mixture on teflex sheet. Place bone in the middle and cover with the remaining mixture. Shape like a ham leaving end of bone exposed. Score the top of ham.
8. Basting the Ham
9. Baste ham with mixture of raw honey and fresh pineapple, finely diced.
10. Dehydrate in Excalibur Dehydrator for about 10 hours. Time will vary depending on atmospheric conditions.
11. Serve the ham on a silver platter with some kale.
12. Carve Henrietta with a large silver knife and fork. Have fun.
13. Making the Hummus
14. Time: 20 minutes
15. In a food processor using the S blade, add hummus ingredients. Mix in the food processor on high until creamy.