½ cup light buckwheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cloves
¼ cup water
½ cup oil
1/3 cup molasses
¼ cup honey, agave, or maple syrup
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup ground flax seed
*Or sorghum flour. Press flat partway through baking time.
2. Combine ingredients in List A, then mix with dry.
3. Drop by teaspoon onto a baking sheet or stone and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
4. Leave the cookies on a baking sheet for at least 10 minutes after baking before transferring to a cooling rack.
5. Variation: add 1/3 cup carob plus 2-3 Tbsp more water for "˜chocolate snaps"
6. For really crisp cookieFor even "zippier" cookies: add an extra 1 tsp ground ginger.