1 organic roma tomato, sliced very thin
1 or 2 organic scallions, chopped thin
1/2 organic red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, diced
1 or 2 slices of non-casein, non-soy veggie cheese (try VeganRella)
approx. 10 fresh, organic basil leaves, cut thin
approx. 1 cup of a good-tasting, organic tomato sauce
a few organic black olives (if desired)
organic extra-virgin olive oil
Celtic sea salt and ground black pepper (if desired)
2. On a non-stick baking sheet, place the tortilla. Spoon the tomato sauce evenly over the tortilla. Use a bit more if necessary--not too much though; you don't want to excessively weigh down the finished product.
3. Add roma tomato slices, as well as creatively positioning all remaining vegetables, herbs, and olives (if using).
4. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
5. Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil over the pizza, allowing the lycopene in the soon-to-be-cooked tomatoes to be better absorbed by the body.
6. Place the 1 or 2 mozzarella-style veggie or rice cheese slices, shredded by hand, over the top of the tortilla.
7. Place in preheated oven for roughly 12 minutes, or until the "cheese" is melted.
8. Let the "pizza" sit a few minutes before cutting with a pizza roller into quarters.