Want something different to spice up your holiday snacks? You've found it! Rhonda's Cranberry Salsa hits the spot — perfect for your next fall or winter get-together!
1 large Granny Smith apple (peeled, cored, and diced fine)
1 Anjou pear (peeled, cored, and diced fine)
1/2 large or one small red bell pepper (seeded and diced fine)
3 green onions (thinly sliced)
1/4 red onion (diced fine)
1/4 cup freshly extracted apple juice (or bottled organic)
2/3 cup raw unfiltered honey
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (minced)
1/2 tsp cumin
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 tsp lime zest
Pinch of cayenne pepper (to taste)
2. Rinse cranberries in cold water and drain.
3. Place cranberries in food processor with "S" blade and pulse until coarsely chopped.
4. Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold-in apple, pear, red pepper, green onion, red onion, and set aside.
5. In a separate bowl whisk together apple juice, honey, cilantro leaves, cumin, lime juice, lime zest, and cayenne. Mix well.
6. Chill before serving.
7. Serving Suggestion: Serve on toasted tortilla wedges!
8. Warm tortillas by heating in a 375 degree oven.
9. Cut into wedges, place wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake until crisp (about 8 minutes).
10. Now dip into the cranberry salsa!