A vegan staple and a favorite item on The Hallelujah Diet.
4 large organic carrots
1 small organic onion
1 container organic dairy-free butternut squash soup (can find in Whole Foods Market)
4 cups organic basmati brown rice, cooked and chilled
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2. The next day, lace large soup pot with olive oil and saute onions until clear.
3. Drain and rinse black beans and fold into oil and onion.
4. Just cover beans with distilled water and let cook for until semi-cooked, stirring frequently throughout.
5. Cut carrots and fold into beans.
6. Pour in entire container of butternut squash soup. Season with sea salt and simmer until beans are almost done then fold in rice.
7. Simmer for about 1/2 hour.
8. Serve with leafy green salad.