it’s in Your Second HeadYears ago, I had severe IBS that turned into Fibromyalgia after years of malnutrition. I was eating meals, they just never turned into food for my body. After numerous doctors told me it was all in my head and I should see a psychiatrist, I finally found through much research, that my problems of pain in my back and constant diarrhea were actually due to my gut. When you go to a doctor to help you feel better, you go home with the diagnosis of the illness and a prescription—but you keep the sickness or disease. Will the prescription actually help you with your skin condition, your bloating or your foggy brain? Will the prescription leave you with more symptoms than you started with? If you are suffering from any chronic condition, inflammation, or disease you must first determine what is the greatest irritant that you are placing in your body. It will most likely be a food. You see, most diseases start in the intestinal tract. When you eat a food that your body cannot handle, it will begin to cause bacterial imbalances. So, the first step is to identify the irritants that are causing your symptoms. They can be combination of several different things: Toxins, imbalanced microbiome (intestinal flora), relationship issues, genetics and lack of nutrients. How can you determine where the greatest source of irritation is coming in? What is the one thing you do every single day? Eat food. Within your lifetime 25 tons of foreign matter from the outside world will be placed in your body.
What is the most common irritant? FoodAfter you eat the food, you believe that it just flows down the inner tube of life into your stomach to absorb nutrients and keep you healthy. However, in a compromised immune system, that process requires 70% of your immune cells to concentrate on the intestinal lining—finding out if the food that was just eaten is dangerous. That leaves only 30% of the immune cells to go after the rogue cancer cells, to assist the liver and kidneys with detoxification and of course, repairing and creating new cells. In the last 2 decades we have seen a quintupling of Celiac disease. In the last decade we have seen a doubling in peanut allergies. People all around are on dairy free diets, corn and soy free diets. The number of people that we see every day who say that even simple vegetables and fruits will cause havoc in them if they eat them has been growing with alarming rates. Everybody is reacting to food! Today, too many people are perceiving most everything in their intestinal tract as dangerous. Then their body will launch an attack against itself.
Why are we becoming so sensitive to food?How do you get the intestinal tract to see what you eat as a friend not a foe? A 2009-2010 American Academy of Pediatrics study found in the US alone 74 billion pounds of chemicals are being produced every day. This does not include pharmaceuticals, fuels, food additives and pesticides. The introduction of all of these chemicals has changed our cellular function. They have changed our microbiome. We now see in utero, when exposed to chemicals while developing immune cells, that these cells are now becoming allergenic. Other factors contributing to this chemical overload are:
Parabens, hand sanitizers, lotions, creams, air fresheners. Did you know that any of these can make someone 400 times more sensitive to food? The higher the urinary levels of these toxins, the more sensitive one will be to food. Another factor is chlorine in water. This sanitizing will shift the microbes in your intestinal tract and that will shift your ability to consume food properly. Fluoride is another inhibitor. A pregnant woman produces a large species of microbes in her third trimester and when the baby moves into the birth canal it comes out with its head first and mouth open. The child is covered in a soup of these organisms. These organisms are completing the self. Rodney Deeter, Immunotoxicologist of Cornell University wrote an article called Completing the Self in Entropy. He found there are 150 times more genes expressed by microbes. He also says microbes will digest foods—One strain can produce 186 different enzymes to digest carbohydrates. The B vitamins, tryptophan, folates, vitamin K, all are produced in the intestinal tract by microbes. These are nutrient powerhouses. Microbes communicate within us constantly. Immune cells are highly concentrated in the intestinal tract waiting to receive signals from microbes. There are receptor cells on our intestinal tracts waiting to be bound with something. When we are missing microbes, the immune cells become in a state of alert and alarm and get nervous and shaky. So, when they see a protein come around, it looks like a bacterium, so they react. This protein may be from gluten, corn, soy, egg, pollen, dairy, ragweed.