Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and what better way to start your mornings than with a nourishing and delicious plant-based breakfast? Plant-based breakfast recipes are packed with essential nutrients, and a wide variety of textures to suit every palate. Let's kickstart our day with a burst of energy and goodness!
1 cup hulled sunflower seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup almonds
1 clove garlic
1 large carrot
1/4 cup fresh parsley (minced) or 1 tbsp. dry parsley
1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup sweet red onion
Ingredients for sauce:
2 medium tomatoes
2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
1 Tablespoon Basil
1 Tablespoon Oregano
- Soak seeds and almonds overnight, then drain in morning.
- In a food processor with an S-blade or a Green Power or Green Life or Champion juicer with the blank in place, run the seeds, almonds, garlic and carrot through.
- To this mixture, add the minced parsley, finely chopped red pepper and onion. Mix all together.
- Then make a sauce with the tomatoes, sea salt, basil and oregano in a blender or food processor.
- Mix half of the sauce into the loaf mixture, then form into a loaf, cover and set aside on kitchen counter (do not refrigerate) for 4 to 6 hours.
- To serve, place the loaf on a bed of lettuce, and pour remaining tomato mixture over the loaf.
*Note: the longer this loaf is allowed to marinate at room temperature, the stronger the flavor.