1/3 cup light buckwheat flour
1/3 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup brown rice flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp unrefined salt
1 1/3 cup warm water
3 Tbsp. oil/butter
1/3 cup ground flax seeds
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. honey
½ tsp. dried herbs (dill, oregano, parsley)
1 tsp. onion powder or ½ tsp. garlic powder
1-4 Tbsp. seeds (sesame, poppy, flax or sunflower)
2. Add any of the optional additions to the mix: dried herbs (dill, oregano, parsley), onion powder or garlic powder, seeds (sesame, poppy, flax or sunflower)
3. Mix together the following items or shake together in a sealed canning jar: warm water, oil/butter, ground flax seeds, apple cider vinegar, honey
4. Lightly combine the wet and dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
5. Pat dough out onto a floured surface until it is about ½ inch thick.
6. Line baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
7. Cut into rounds (the top of a drinking glass works well for this purpose) or drop biscuits by spoon or ice cream scoop onto a baking sheet.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-18 minute, until lightly browned.