2 small, or 1 large poblano pepper, diced (Anaheim or regular bell pepper can be substituted)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 T. dried Mexican oregano (normal dried oregano can be substituted)
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. cumin
1 bay leaf
1 T. honey
2 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
Dash of ground chipotle, Or cayenne pepper (optional)
½ T. coconut oil for sauteing
2. Add onion, garlic and poblanos, and saute for about 5 min.
3. Add in beans, honey and seasonings, and bring to a simmer.
4. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 40 minutes to one hour, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
5. Taste, and re-season to your liking if necessary.
6. Garnish with chopped red onion, cilantro, and lime wedges.