You may have tried vegetarian zucchini bread - but have you tried lentil almond loaf? This no-bake, nut-based bread is full of vegetables, nutrients, and is a delightful treat that's healthy, satisfying, and bursting with flavor. This is great to make ahead as an easy raw breakfast, too! Try it raw!
Ingredients:2 cups soaked lentils
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 cup tomato, diced (optional)
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 avocado (optional)
1 1/8 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
1/2 tsp herb seasoning
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup oat bran
2 Tbsp agar agar
1/3 cup distilled water
1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Place lentils in enough distilled water to cover and soak overnight.
- Place lentils and other ingredients in a food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed, leave in processor.
- Place the agar agar flakes in a small pan with distilled water, mix well and bring to a boil for 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Turn on food processor and pour agar agar over the lentil mixture, mix well.
- Spoon the lentil mixture onto a lightly oiled sheet of wax paper and roll into a log.
- Tuck in the ends and place in a bread pan.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Unwrap loaf and roll in slivered almonds until covered.
- Place loaf on a bed of greens with cherry tomatoes and/or sliced cucumbers as garnish.