Rice is a staple food enjoyed by cultures around the world. It's a versatile grain that can be cooked in a multitude of ways. It’s also naturally gluten-free, and can be paired with various ingredients to create delicious and satisfying meals. You can also substitute this recipe with any vegetables of your choice.
1 cup basmati brown rice
3 cups distilled water
1 large onion
1 large green pepper
2 stalks celery
Celtic Sea Salt to taste
Oriental herbs or all-purpose herbs, blend to taste
- Place rice in water, cover, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and without removing cover let sit for another 30 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, cut onion, green pepper, and celery into fairly large pieces.
- Lightly sauté vegetables in a large fry pan in distilled water with Celtic Sea Salt. Be careful not to overcook!
- When rice is finished cooking, serve and top with sauteed vegetables.