This intriguing combination melds the sweet, deep flavors of blueberries and dates with the satisfying zing of cinnamon and lemon. Unmistakable in scent and flavor, cinnamon is far more than just a spice for hot apple cider. In fact, a common herbal remedy for healthy gums and teeth calls for chewing a small cinnamon stick once in a while for its antibacterial properties — and it works well as a breath freshener, too!
½ cup almonds
2 TBS cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 TBS distilled water
½ cup blueberries
12 blueberries, reserved for garnish
½ tsp lemon juice
1 TBS flax meal
1 tsp agave
2. Add water to get desired consistency, process till smooth. Set aside
3. Combine all ingredients in blueberry jam and mix till smooth
4. Take cinnamon pastry mix and spoon a little over a Tablespoon and mold into small torts.
5. Take a pastry bag and place the blueberry jam so that you can pipe into the torts
6. Place a blueberry on top of the torte.