An incredible appetizer that's not only delicious - it's healthy, too! Taken from our e-book, Creating A Hallelujah Holiday Feast.
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed at room temperature
1 can black beans, juice drained and set aside
1/2 cup corn meal, or more for firmer texture
1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt, if using unsalted beans
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp minced purple onion
2 Tbsp reserved bean juice
2. Press all ingredients together coarsely with your hands.
3. Roll croquettes into a round ball about the size of a golf ball and then press into a patty. If croquettes are too moist to patty, add enough corn meal to hold them together.
4. Spray skillet liberally with oil and turn pan on medium heat. once oil is hot, place patties in pan.
5. Cook about 1-2 minutes on each side or until they are brown.
6. Spray oil into pan between batches.