Ever since Hallelujah Acres’ inception in 1992 (over 23 years ago), I have been claiming that the Bible should be our source of information concerning what we should and should not eat! In May 1993, 22 years ago, in the very first issue of our paper publication, “Back to the Garden,” I wrote an article titled “God’s Original Diet.” On the masthead of this same publication, I made this statement: “Teaching Health From A Biblical Perspective!” Well, just as strongly as I have consistently declared that we teach health from a biblical perspective, my teachings have been challenged, sometimes very vehemently, and sometimes quite unkindly, by those who claim that my teachings are “not biblical”. One of our detractors went so far as to say that our teachings were “the doctrine of devils,” and that because of these teachings; I was in “danger of losing
salvation and going to hell.”
Through the years, I have attempted to answer critics with a little Scripture here and a lot of Scripture there. Yet no matter how many verses I shared in refuting the charges, the challenges continued.
So in this Health Tip, I want to begin a series in which I will attempt to deal with all the verses concerning what we should and should not eat found in the Bible, verses that some have used through the years to challenge or refute our teachings.
Before I begin, however, I want to request something from you…
I ask that you approach this series with an open mind. I realize that you may have preconceived beliefs concerning what the Bible has to say about what we should and should not eat.
I realize that you have, no doubt, been eating foods all your life that are quite different from what the Bible says we should eat.
I also realize that having an open mind as we approach this subject will not be easy, but I hope you will give it a try.
Next, I want to lay a few foundations on which I will build my case, before beginning:
Laying the Foundation
- I am a Christian! I became a Christian on May 29, 1957, almost 60 years ago.
- I believe the Bible to be the very Word of God! (II Tim. 3:16)
- I have been studying the Bible for almost 60 years. (II Tim. 2:15)
- I spent 4 years in school, intensely studying the Bible, in preparation for the ministry.
- I was a Bible-believing preacher who pastored for almost 20 years!
- I have prepared and delivered some 5,000 biblically-based messages from the pulpit.
- I have written and published five books: “Why Christians Get Sick”; “God’s Way to Ultimate Health”; “A Message of Hope and Healing”; “The Hallelujah Diet” and “God’s Original Diet”.
- When it comes to the Scriptures, I do not consider myself a novice!
- Separation of dry land and water on the first two days of creation
- Plant life on day three
- The sun, moon, and stars on day four
- Most animals were created on day five
- …and then on day six, God created man.