About 6,000 women enter menopause every day. While a lucky few don’t experience significant changes, the vast majority suffer from debilitating symptoms such as hot flashes, insomnia, anxiety and overwhelming fatigue. The good news is: Not only do we have options to ease these troublesome conditions, we are no longer limited to pharmaceutical treatments that may pose risks to our health. We have effective solutions that work in harmony with our own bodies—all with natural resources from this very Earth. First, let’s explore why menopause occurs: A woman carries a predetermined quantity of eggs. The eggs are held in the ovaries, which produce estrogen and progesterone, the hormones responsible for controlling menstruation and ovulation. When the ovaries discontinue releasing eggs, menstruation ceases and menopause begins. What are the three phases of menopause?
Peri-menopause: usually starts several years prior to menopause.
- Ovaries slowly begin to produce less estrogen, with quicker drops in estrogen levels the last year or two before menopause.
- Key symptoms: Unpredictable menstrual cycles, more bloating, mood swings, weight gain and hot flashes/night sweats.
Menopause: a year since a woman last had her last menstrual period. The average age when a woman hits menopause is 51.
- The ovaries stop releasing eggs and maximizing estrogen.
- Key symptoms: Menstruation completely stops, the woman is no longer fertile and the symptoms of peri-menopause persist.
Post-menopause: the time after menopause.
- Major symptoms, such as hot flashes, reduce for many women, but estrogen loss still causes uncomfortable conditions. Also, there are still health risks, such as osteoporosis, heart disease and breast cancer.
- Key symptoms: sagging skin, vaginal dryness and decreased sexual activity.
- Mood swings and irritability
- Irregular periods
- Depression and anxiety
- Racing heart
- Headaches and migraines
- Joint and muscle aches
- Changes to sex drive
- Vaginal dryness
- Bladder issues
- MacaPure® is the only Macaextract product available standardized on the unique compounds present in maca. This maca has been shown in studies to be helpful in balancing sex hormones and reducing hot flashes and night sweats. Maca itself does not contain any phytoestrogens or hormonally active compounds, but it modulates the body’s production of its own hormones to normalize health.
- Vitex Berry helps normalize menstrual periods and promote progesterone production, which particularly aids women who are estrogen dominant. Vitex berry contains no hormones, but has been shown to normalize the length of the menstrual cycle.
- Bio Response DIM (3-3’-Diindoylmethane) helps rid the body of excess estrogens, both from the body’s own production and from environmental sources. DIM has also been shown to reduce the risk of breast cancer and increase the amount of active free testosterone in the body, which is especially important for women. As DIM is a fat-soluble compound, many supplements with DIM are poorly absorbed. Bio Response DIM is the only DIM that is optimized for increased bioavailability.
- Vitamin B6 and Zinc boost antioxidant defenses and immune system function. Zinc has been added to this formula as excess estrogen can deplete the body’s zinc stores. Vitamin B6, in the form of pyridoxal-5-phosphate, has been shown to be helpful in easing PMS symptoms. For women who are not menstruating and not dealing with PMS, the inclusion of pyridoxal-5-phosphate has antioxidant benefits that extend beyond balancing hormones by improving overall well-being.
- Yucca helps facilitate the absorption of fat-soluble ingredients.
"I am writing today to express my gratitude and excitement over the results that I am receiving from taking the new Breeze formula……So I wasted no time in purchasing it. I want to say that I have been taking it faithfully every night, just two capsules for about 2-3 weeks max. In just about a weeks time I began to notice that my hot flashes not only diminished, but that they altogether disappeared! …. And I only awaken once or twice in the night, whereas before I was waking anywhere from 4-8 times! I feel like a new person! I cannot tell you how grateful and amazed I am….” – Claire S.3 Proven Products for 3 Life Phases… and the Clinical Studies The clinically proven line of menopause products includes:
- Balance (peri-menopause): Balance by Luminology™ is clinically proven to reduce symptoms such as irregular periods, sleep deprivation, mood swings, hormone-related migraine headaches and PMS experienced by many women during peri-menopause.
- Breeze (menopause): Breeze by Luminology™ can restore hormonal balance, cool hot flashes, quench night sweats and calm the anxiety associated with menopause.
- Clarity (post menopause): Clarity by Luminology™ is clinically proven to reduce hot flashes, restore libido and relieve the vaginal dryness experienced by many women during post-menopause.
- Replace canned soups with fresh soups
- Replace frozen dinners with fresh salads and steamed veggies
- Replace coffee with grain-based coffee
- Replace soda with kombucha
- Replace refined sugars with stevia, fruits and dates