With the holidays coming up, it can be tempting to stray away from the raw food diet, but ultimately, you’d do so much harm to your body. Luckily, there are ways to enjoy the holidays while also still enjoying the raw food diet. Many of your family members may be on the SAD (Standard American Diet) and, with that being said, may not be as accommodating to your specific dietary needs. Luckily, with our raw food holiday guide, we can make sure you get to enjoy delicious foods this holiday season as well. There are many foods that you can bring that won’t hurt your raw food diet that can still be considered festive. You may even find that your friends and family are eating more of what you bring than other items!
Raw Foods for Holiday Parties
- A large salad. Get creative with this, add in seasonal treats like pomegranate seeds, and other seasonal treats that are enjoyed this time of year.
- Zoodles. Create a ginger sauce for on top of your spiralized veggies to add a little holiday spice and enjoy this dish.
- Raw cherry cheesecake. With a nice almond crust, your friends and family will put you in charge of the holiday desserts every single year.
- Raw fudge. When you add peppermint to these raw fudge bars, you’ll have a festive treat that everyone will want to try.
Recipes for Holiday Parties
Raw Thanksgiving StuffingYou’ll Need:
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- ½ cup almonds, soaked overnight
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ¾ cup Crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3-4 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Add pecans and almonds to a food processor and blend until chunky.
- Pour the nuts in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
Raw Strawberry SnowballsYou’ll Need:
- 1 cup strawberries
- ¾ cup rolled oats flour
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut flour
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse into a dough.
- Roll into 1 tablespoon-sized pieces.
- Cover with extra shredded coconut flour.
- Refrigerate on parchment paper-lined sheet for 30 minutes before serving.
Raw Pomegranate SaladYou’ll Need:
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed and cut into small chunks
- 2 small diced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 ½ cups sliced tomatoes
Raw Apple Pie in a JarThis is a fun option for Thanksgiving when you don’t want to miss out on the delicious taste of an apple pie but need a raw version. You’ll Need:
- 2 red apples, spiralized
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Combine all of your ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer into serving jars and enjoy!