When you are making the transition to a healthier diet, it is important that you find delicious snacks to help keep you satisfied between meals. A healthy diet plays a direct role in cancer prevention and healing, which is why you need to stay consistent with healthy habits at meals and during snack time.
What Can I Eat?As a person is transitioning from the Standard American Diet to a plant based diet, one of the most common questions is "What can I eat?" Many people focus on the foods that they can't eat, and they have a hard time understanding how to prepare the foods that they should be eating instead. Your meals and snacks should consist of a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and healthy fats. The goal is to eat an abundance of fresh plant ingredients, because these foods contain healing properties to support your health. Plant foods are high in fiber, which is beneficial to cleanse toxins and waste from the body. They are also packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which work hard to support immune function and help the body overcome disease and illness.
List of Healthy SnacksHere are some healthy snacks for you to enjoy:
- Celery sticks and almond butter
- Green smoothie, with berries and leafy greens
- Hummus and chopped vegetables, such as carrot sticks, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, and cucumbers
- Fresh vegetable juice of any kind
- Gently steamed vegetables, flavored with fresh herbs on top
- Salad, topped with your favorite vegetables
- Berries in a bowl, covered in almond milk