The Wild Rice Dressing on page 266 of God's Way to Ultimate Health can also be used to stuff the squash if you prefer.
2 Onions, chopped fine
4 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Apples, peeled, cored & diced, about 1 1/2 Cup
1 1/2 Cup diced 7-grain bread or other whole grain bread, toasted slightly in ungreased fry pan
2 teaspoons of Celtic Sea Salt
1 - 2 teaspoons each Parsley, basil, sage or your favorite herbs
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 - 1 1/2 Cup Heated Veg. Soup Stock
2. Remove the seeds.
3. Bake cut side down (not the side the 1/4" was cut from) on a lightly oiled baking pan until soft (about 50 minutes).
4. Remove from oven.While squash is baking, soak the raisins in the heated vegetable stock for 10 minutes.
5. Steam saute the onion, celery and garlic over med. heat until soft (3 - 4 minutes).
6. Add apple and steam another 3 minutes or until apple is tender.
7. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and mix in the bread crumbs, herbs, grated lemon, raisins, vegetable stock, and Celtic Sea Salt.
8. The mixture should be moist. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Spoon into squash.
9. Return to oven and bake additional 15 min.