Celebrate the season with our collection of healthy holiday recipes. Savor the flavors guilt-free - starting with this Cornbread Dressing, sure to become a family favorite for years to come!
Prepare George's famous Hallelujah Acres Corn Bread on page 272 of God's Way to Ultimate Health. Set aside to cool or make the day before.
Ingredients for the Cornbread Dressing:
1 - 2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups celery, chopped fine
1 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
1 cup 7-Grain bread (or other whole grain bread) cut into small cubes and toasted in a dry skillet
1 1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp sage
Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- In a saucepan sauté onion and celery in vegetable stock until tender.
- In a large bowl combine crumbled corn bread, toasted bread cubes and veggies.
- Add seasonings and mix well.
- Add broth until mixture is moist.
- Put into lightly oiled baking pan and bake 350 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes.