A full body detox is one way to help your body get rid of toxins, create more energy, and feel better. But it’s not smart to just jump into a diet detox without taking some precautions and understanding the process. When done right, detoxing can do wonders for the body, but you should know what to expect before diving in.
Benefits of a Full-Body DetoxAs our system gets clogged up, we experience many different health issues. A full body detox gets rid of many of the problems and helps our body to realign and become healthier, naturally.
- More Energy — As the body works to get rid of toxins from your diet and the environment, it expends a lot of energy in the process. Without having to fight the bad stuff, our body has more strength to do the fun stuff.
- Less Disease — Many of the toxins that build up in our bodies are chemicals that disrupt our endocrine system, replace healthy nutrients, and cause everything to slow down. When we get rid of them, our hormones and energy flow as they should and our bodies can repair the damage. By clearing out the toxins and starting a healthy and clean diet, we supply our body with the nutrition to be healthy.
- Clear Skin, Eyes, and Hair — The skin is one of our most significant elimination organs. As we try and get rid of toxins, many of them come through our skin. This can cause eczema, dry skin, cracking, and sickly appearances. You may experience this more acutely after a full body detox, but shortly after, things should clear right up.
- Improved Emotional Stability — When these toxins, waste products, and chemicals get into our system, they disrupt the hormones and neurotransmitters we need in our brains. When the chemicals block things up, we experience foggy thinking, slow reaction time, and moods that are thrown off. When these hormones are disrupted, we experience depression, anxiety, and mood swings. Getting rid of the toxins helps our body rebalance our hormones for more stability.
- Weight Loss — Our body stores many of the toxins in fat cells. That can make shedding the fat difficult. During a detox, the body pulls out these toxins, which helps us shed excess fat and lose weight.
What Happens When You Detox?
Full body detoxes are a great way to get healthy fast, but it’s important that they are followed properly. During a full body detox, your body releases the stored up toxins back into your system. Any problem they would have caused will happen again. In the short-term, you may feel sick, bloated, nauseous, get headaches, or experience heart palpitations and cramping, though these side effects are typically mild and manageable. If you get temporarily sick during a detox, it’s called a healing crisis. This is when the body experiences the symptoms of the problem you're trying to get rid of acutely. It’s very normal during a detox to have this happen. Don’t stress — this is temporary and the results will be worth it.
Detoxification is good for the body. But don’t jump in too fast and make sure that you listen to your budget and adjust accordingly.
Before jumping into a full body detox, you should do a series of minor detoxes to understand how your body will react and begin flushing out the toxins. Minor detoxes include one of day fasting, drinking nothing but juices for one to three days, or switching over to a diet like the Hallelujah Diet. Using our diet is an excellent way to do a toxin flush from your body while still supplying yourself with various healthy nutrients.
Live the Hallelujah Diet Life
There’s a huge added benefit to the Hallelujah Diet that some might miss when trying a detox: you have to stop putting the toxins into your body. There's no point in flushing out the toxins if you're only going to put more in! Fruits and vegetables supply the body with nutrients, phytonutrients, and antioxidants. When the toxins are being flushed from your body, you want the antioxidants to keep them from causing more damage.
Thankfully, the Hallelujah Diet focuses on raw, natural, and organic fruits and vegetables, so you’re not putting back the toxins you worked so hard to flush out. Get your HD Super Deluxe Full Body Detox conveniently bundled with everything you need to detoxify and nourish the body, or try our Get Started Kit today!