Hair Dye Increases Lymphoma Risk

Hair Dye Increases Lymphoma Risk

Are You Sick? Check Your Mouth! Reading Hair Dye Increases Lymphoma Risk 3 minutes Next Back-to-School Energy Juice
Using hair dye may increase the risk of a type of cancer known as lymphoma, a European study shows. "Our data suggest that personal use of hair coloring is associated with a small increase in lymphoma risk . . . ," Dr. Silvia de Sanjose of the Catalan Institute of Oncology in Barcelona and colleagues write in the July 1 issue of the American Journal of Epidemiology. They sought to investigate the association by analyzing results from a large study of lymphoma patients and matched healthy controls, including a total of 4,719 people from six European countries. About three quarters of women reported using hair dye, while 7 percent of men did. The researchers found an overall 19 percent increased risk of lymphoma among people who reported coloring their hair. The increased risk was 26 percent among those who used hair dye 12 or more times a year. . . Read the entire article. EDITOR’S NOTE: From 1980 to 1986, I sold a small businessman’s health insurance policy for the National Association for the Self-Employed (NASE). In the early years, NASE allowed us to write policies on any small businessperson, but after they had a few years of experience under their belt, they started to become more selective as to who they would insure. I remember well that beauticians were one of the first professions they stopped writing health insurance policies for. And the reason: They were a high risk because of their exceedingly high number of claims. That was welcome news to me at the time, because I hated selling policies in hair (or nail) salons! Whenever I entered the door of one of these salons, I found myself almost unable to breathe. I was on the Hallelujah Diet at the time, and I found my body so extremely sensitive to all the chemical fumes, that I sometimes would leave the salon before ever making the sales presentation. Now we learn that it is not only the chemical sprays and fumes that are dangerous, but also the hair dyes themselves.
Those who want to protect their health need to realize that what they place on the exterior of the body, or breathe into their body can be as dangerous as what they place into their bodies as food!
Why? Because the body absorbs through the skin and lungs whatever is placed upon it or breathed into it. These toxins are then dumped into the blood stream. We find a similar problem with the use of underarm deodorants containing aluminum. When this aluminum is placed on the skin, it is absorbed through the skin, and enters the blood stream. Aluminum has an affinity for the brain, and many believe becomes a contributing factor for Alzheimer’s. Remember, the Bible warns us that:
“The life of the flesh is in the blood.” ~ Leviticus 17:11

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Get promotions, news tidbits, featured recipes, webinars, supplement spotlights, and much more sent right to your email inbox!