God’s Original Diet as found in the Bible in Genesis 1:29 was, and continues to be, God’s perfect plan for the nourishment of the human physical body God created for Adam, and thru Adam, for each of us. Here is how the Bible describes the creation of that first human and the building materials used by God in His creation:
, consisted of 100% raw fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts.
, obviously contained all the nutrients necessary to sustain man’s physical body in a state of health then and for all time.
And clearly God was pleased with His human creation and the garden foods He created and placed in that garden for man’s nourishment: “And God saw everything that he had made, and behold it was good. . . That Adam and Eve fared well on this 100% plant-based diet is self-evident as there was no recorded sickness while man remained in the garden consuming these garden foods!
But then something happened to spoil things! Adam and Eve sinned by eating something God had told them they shouldn’t eat [See Genesis 2:6-7) and because of that disobedience they were forced by God to exit the garden (See Genesis 3:22-24)
. This animal flesh diet was capable of sustaining life, but it took a terrible toll on the health of the human race.
Following the flood, man also began to cook his food. As a result of these changes in diet, man’s lifespan dropped significantly, from a pre-flood average age of 912 years (on a 100% plant based Genesis 1:29 diet), to just 110 years by the time you get to the end of the Book of Genesis ten generations later (See Genesis 50:26).
Mankind has never recovered health-wise from these deviations.
And sadly, ever since that departure from God’s Original Diet, man has drifted ever further from nourishing the body as God directed and intended. As man has consumed increasingly greater amounts of non-garden foods, his health continues to diminish. Even the best natural fruits and vegetables we can grow today can’t nourish us they way they used to because of the lost nutrients in the soil and chemical sprays applied to these garden foods.
Manufacturing and processing have increasingly produced a poorer quality and less nutrient dense food source.
“And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life: and man became a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7)And it is also interesting to note that when man dies, he returns to the same substances God used in the creation of that first human (Adam):
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it was thou taken: for dust thou are, and unto dust shalt thou return.” (Genesis 3:19)
God’s Original DietNow if a person believes the Bible when it says: “Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return” which is self-evident, then it shouldn’t be difficult to believe what God himself says as to how He designed the body to be nourished. This is clearly articulated in Genesis 1:29:
“And God said, Behold, I have given you every herbClearly, God’s Original Diet plan and intent for the nourishment of the human physical body, a body He created to house the spirit and soul of mankind
bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for ” (Genesis 1:29)
All Animals in the Wild Consume Their Food RawInterestingly, to this very day, all animals in the wild, whether herbivorous or carnivorous, still instinctively consume their food in its raw form. Only man, who has lost his natural instincts to consume exclusively garden foods as instructed by God, cooks most of his food before consuming it. All of the nutrients contained in the raw fruits and vegetables God created and placed in the Garden of Eden before He ever created the first human, Adam
Then Came a FloodFor 1,700 years after Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden and before the great flood, man continued to consume God’s original 100% raw Genesis 1:29 plant-based diet. And during that time, there is not a single recorded instance of sickness; man lived to an average age of 912 years (Average age of patriarchs at death). But then came the great flood which temporarily destroyed man’s food source: “And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth: and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.” (Genesis 7:19) Man’s food source was suddenly under water. In order to sustain mankind in the absence of garden foods, God allowed man to consume an inferior diet, one consisting of the flesh of the clean animals that were on the ark
Supplements to the RescueIn our recent tips, we have shared information about the most basic and important supplements that our recent research has shown would benefit the majority of people if added to their diet. We highlighted them because they are the most common nutrients missing or in short supply in most diets, even when people are doing the best they can to eat a nutritious diet:
- Vitamin B12 – This essential vitamin is not found in any plant-sourced food. Interestingly, our research shows that it is also found in insufficient amounts in 39% of those who consume animal sourced foods on a daily basis. This makes supplementation essential for them, too.
- Fats – Fat is vital to health, and it is important to have “good fats” in the diet, yet there are dangers inherent in “bad fats.” This is commonly a real eye-opener for many, as animal-sourced fats, the largest source of fat in the average American diet, are the primary cause of so many of the physical problems being experienced today. This makes ‘good fat’ supplementation an important health strategy.
- Vitamin D3 – Technically not a vitamin at all, vitamin D3 is an indispensable hormone that God designed our bodies to receive through skin exposure to the sun’s rays. Most people today fail to get their RDA of sunshine, and thus supplementation is imperative.
- Iodine – Most people have a serious deficiency in iodine and the only way to assure our body has a sufficient amount of this nutrient is by supplementation.
- Probiotics - Probiotics are so important to help generate a good balance of gut bacteria so that you can gain and maintain health.
NOTE: Rhonda and I each take all of the above supplements daily in addition to eating a basically raw, 100% plant-based diet. Our diet also includes freshly extracted vegetable juices, BarleyMax, green smoothies, and blended salads.
Other SupplementsThere are also a number of supplements that can also help build the immune system and keep it strong so that it can help us overcome health issues. One of the most effective is curcumin.
CurcuminCurcumin is a polyphenol found in the Indian spice turmeric, a member of the ginger family. Turmeric is used as a spice in food preparation, but it is also a powerful substance the body uses to bolster the immune system and to promote health. Curcumin has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for over 3,000 years. It is an amazing super-antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-rheumatic, and liver protecting polyphenol that has even been shown to fight cancer cells. Curcuminoids are the natural phenols that are responsible for the yellow color of turmeric. The antioxidant potential found in these curcuminoids is 5 to 8 times stronger than vitamin E; stronger than vitamin C; 3 times more powerful than grape seed or pine bark extract; and strong enough to scavenge the hydroxyl radical – considered the most reactive of all oxidants.
How to Enhance Immune System ResponseNothing is of greater importance to bolstering the human immune system than diet. For best results, we must consume a 100% basically raw, plant-based diet. That is the first and most important step. It’s what I have been practicing for the past 37 years and what Hallelujah Acres has been promoting for more than 20 years. Along with consuming a 100%, basically raw, plant- based diet, if we want to have a strong immune system we need to make sure that we exercise our body on a daily basis. In fact, without regular exercise, the immune system will suffer greatly. It is second only to diet in importance to our health. Next in order of importance for immune system health are the herbs and spices that, due to their nutrient density, promote overall well-being with antioxidants even more powerful than fruits and vegetables provide. And turmeric, the spice from which curcumin is derived, is considered the most powerful of them all. Curcumin has many benefits:
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps maintain a healthy digestive tract
- Supports healthy bone structure and strengthens joints
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Promotes healthy blood and liver function
Other Attributes of CurcuminIn addition to all we’ve discussed about curcumin, it also...
- Helps support memory function
- Helps support heart health
- Helps maintain skin elasticity
- Helps in the nourishment of the skin
- Helps balance skin flora
- Helps neutralize cellular stress
- Helps maintain cell integrity
- Helps support cells against excessive oxidation and free radicals
- Helps support overall eye health
- Helps liver function
- Helps support healthy bloodand circulation
- Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels
- Helps protect the neurological system against stress
- Helps maintain blood sugar levels in a healthy range
- Helps promote healthy DNA function