It takes just one conversation with a friend who has received a prediabetes diagnosis from their doctor to grab your attention. Apart from the scary blood chemistry and blood pressure results from their doctor, they have also been battling some of the classic conditions associated with diabetes: weight gain, not getting enough exercise, poor sleep, bad food choices … the list goes on.
The Wakeup CallDiabetes Expert Dr. Rita Kalyani describes diabetes as “a serious disease that occurs when the body cannot maintain normal levels of glucose, an important energy source.” While doctors may have simple ways to describe diabetes, the decisions those affected are forced to make are not that simple.
Lifestyle Choices, Diet and SupplementationBy adhering to the basic healthy lifestyle choices listed below and subscribing to the Hallelujah Diet™ Diabetes Monthly Rebuilding Diabetes Kit, diabetes can be controlled and even prevented from occurring in the first place.
- Lose excess body fat
- Follow a plant-based, whole-food diet
- Drink fresh vegetable juice and water
- Engage in activity throughout the day
- Stress less, Phil 4:6
- Sleep well, Psalm 127:2
- Work with a nutritionally-minded doctor
Diabetes Monthly Rebuilding KitThe Hallelujah Diet™ Diabetes Monthly Rebuilding Kit includes the fundamental supplements that accompany the primary Hallelujah Diet but replaces Fiber Cleanse with B-Flax-D. Each monthly kit includes:
- BarleyMax 4.2oz, made from the juice of gluten-free, young barley and alfalfa leaves harvested at the peak of nutrition.
- B-Flax-D, which is a premium fiber source that plays an essential role in a well-balanced and plant-based food diet.
- Digestive Enzymes, a supplement that contains live enzymes that help improve poor digestion and the absorption of nutrients from the foods we eat. These living enzymes help your body break down and absorb nutrients to ensure you get maximum nutrition and disease protection from your food.
Your Next StepsTo reduce your risk of contracting diabetes, make sure you not only start using The Hallelujah Diet™ Diabetes Monthly Rebuilding Kit but also incorporate the items listed below into your diet.
- Green Vegetables: Nutrient-dense green vegetables—leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables, and other green vegetables—are the most important foods to focus on for diabetes prevention and reversal.
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: Non-green, non-starchy vegetables like mushrooms, onions, garlic, eggplant, and peppers are essential components of a diabetes prevention (or diabetes reversal) diet.
- Beans: Lentils, beans, and other legumes are low in glycemic load and the ideal carbohydrate source.
- Nuts and Seeds: Low in glycemic load, these promote weight loss and have anti-inflammatory effects that may prevent the development of insulin resistance.
- Fresh Fruit: Rich in fiber and antioxidants, fruit is a nutrient-dense choice for satisfying sweet cravings.
- Added Sugars: These cause dangerously high spikes in blood glucose—primarily refined foods such as sugar-sweetened beverages, devoid of fiber to slow the absorption of glucose into the blood.
- Refined Grains: Refined carbohydrates such as white rice, white pasta, and white bread are missing the fiber from the original grain, so they raise blood glucose higher and faster than their intact, unprocessed counterparts.
- Fried Foods: Potato chips, French fries, doughnuts, and other fried starches start with a high-glycemic food, and then pile on a significant number of low-nutrient calories in the form of oil.
- Trans Fats: Contained in margarine, shortening, fast food, processed baked goods, these fats accelerate cardiovascular disease.
- Red and Processed Meats: Several studies have now confirmed that a high intake of meat increases the risk of diabetes.
- Whole Eggs: Eating five eggs/week or more has been associated with an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes.