Vitamin B12, B6, Folate
Vitamin B12 is often overlooked as a key, missing factor when the body is dealing with fatigue, anemia, depression and developmental delay issues in children and dementia. The best way to rule out the possibility of a B12 deficiency (and to prevent one) is to use a sublingual, bio-active B12 supplement, formulated along with co-factors B6 and folate, also in their bio-active forms. Because B12, B6 and Folate play such a vital role in energy production and detoxification, results from one bottle will usually reveal whether you need more B12.
Vegans and vegetarians are typically low in vitamin B12 because it is not found in plant foods. However, people who eat meat are often low in B12 as well. An article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2000 revealed that 39% of individuals tested had low-to-normal levels of B12 in their blood, and 17% had levels low enough to cause symptoms of deficiency. The most reliable source of B12 for people in this study was supplemental B12 from breakfast cereal. As we age, most of us do not absorb B12 efficiently from animal source foods, so supplements become the best source of dietary B12.
Further research conducted by Hallelujah Diet® Research Director Dr. Michael Donaldson revealed low levels of B12 in 47% of the 54 test subjects. Thus, it became clear that it is wise for everyone to be aware of their need for B12, regardless of their diet. And for those following a vegan or vegetarian diet, including The Hallelujah Diet, it is vital to use a B12 supplement, preferably one formulated with methylcobalamin, the active form of B12, not cyanocobalamin, which the body must convert before it can be used.
Vitamins B12 and B6 and folate are all critical elements of the methyl cycle, and work best in their activated forms as provided in the Hallelujah Diet B12, B6 and folate supplement. Additional benefits are as follows"¦
Health Benefits of Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B12 is especially important for rapidly dividing cells (like blood cells, skin, lining of digestive tract, and more)
- Vitamin B12 helps the liver detoxify effectively by supporting the Methylation (Methyl) Cycle's production of glutathione
- The Methyl Cycle also helps your body produce melatonin, dopamine, serotonin and other molecules important to mood and energy levels
Health Benefits of Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B6 is important for recycling homocysteine for production of glutathione (part of the Methyl Cycle)
Health Benefits of Folate
- Folate is important for production of DNA
- Folate is critical for optimization of the Methyl Cycle
- For pregnant women or women who hope to become pregnant, Folate plays a vital role in the healthy development of the baby in your womb
Watch this Webinar on How You Can Strengthen Your Immune System
For more information on B12 and misdiagnosed health issues, see the book: Could It Be B12?. You can also read more about the vitamin on the National Institute of Health, Office of Dietary Supplements website here. All Hallelujah Diet® supplements and snack foods pass our rigorous high standards. We don't sell anything that we wouldn't use ourselves.
1 sublingual tablet daily or as directed by a healthcare professional. For best results, dissolve under the tongue.
Serving Size: 1 sublingual tablet
Servings Per Container: 60
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5-phosphate) - 25mg
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) - 2,000 mcg
Folate - 680mcg
Other Ingredients: fructose, mannitol, natural flavors, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, and Ethylcellulose .
- PHPeggy H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 month agoWorks great
I take it to keep my homocysteine in the normal range, ideally below 10.
- DLDee L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 months agoMy husband and I added
My husband and I added this supplement to our diet many years ago and know that it gives us more energy. I keep a bottle in my handbag when traveling so we never forget to take it. And I believe it helps prevent hair loss.
- HRHarriet R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 months agoEnergy boost
Great product have been taking it for some time. Keeps me alert & with energy to stay active at my 70+ years.
- JJJoyce J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars4 months agoB12, B6 Folate
I have been taking this supplement for years. I wouldn't be without it.
- LSLorraine S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 3 stars5 months agoBut B12,B6, Golste
I didn’t realize I ordered cherry flavor and was disappointed when I saw the # 1 ingredients was fructose.