This recipe is taken from "Rejuvenate your Life" by Serene, an excellent raw food recipe book.
3/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup (or honey)
1 handful of Almonds (or favorite nuts, chopped)
1 handful of favorite Dried Fruit (dates, raisins, apricots, etc., diced)
1/2 tsp. pure Vanilla extract
2. Blend oat groats and maple syrup until smooth.
3. Place in mixing bowl and stir in rest of ingredients.
4. With lightly olive oil greased hands, take about a tsp. of the mixture, dab the bottom in a plate with either fine dried coconut or groundnuts or seeds, as this will keep the bottom from sticking to the mesh dehydrator screens.
5. Carefully place the little mound on a mesh screen and lightly flatten with a fork.
6. Dehydrate until desired chewiness about 16 -19 hours.