This recipe is gluten free With its ultra-high concentrations of nutrients across the board, Kale has been deemed King for quite some time now in the wellness world. But eating a plain salad over and over can get your taste buds less than excited. This Kale Caesar Salad adds in the magic of Chia Cornbread Croutons for a salad with an unexpected twist. We can’t think of a better companion to a juicy, hearty lasagna!
2 bunches curly kale, stems removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
1 avocado, cubed (optional)
Vegan Caesar Dressing Ingredients
½ cup cashews, pre-soaked
½ cup water
2 T. olive oil
1 T. tamari
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. stone ground mustard
1-2 cloves garlic
1 T. capers
Chia Cornbread Croutons Ingredients
1 ½ cups cornmeal
2 T. chia seeds, soaked in ¼ cup water for 30 min
1 cup non-dairy milk
2 T. coconut oil, melted
3 T. honey
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1. Add all ingredients to a Vitamix or small high-powered blender
2. Blend until smooth.
Chia Cornbread Croutons Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk all wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl, and then stir in the dry ingredients.
3. Grease a 9”x13” glass baking dish with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper.
4. Pour in batter, and bake for 15-17 minutes.
5. Remove and let cool.
6. When the cornbread has cooled, remove from the baking dish and cut into bite-sized squares.
7. Toast the squares on high in the toaster oven, or in the oven under the broiler for a couple of minutes until they get slightly browned and crispy on the outside.
1. Pour dressing over kale, and massage for 2-3 minutes to soften and break down the kale slightly.
2. Add in croutons and cubed avocado and toss thoroughly.
3. Serve and enjoy.