America, though it spends more money per capita on “Health Care” than any other nation on Earth, is close to being the sickest nation on Earth!
- More money is spent on health care in the USA than in any other nation in the world, and a greater percentage of total income in the nation is spent on health care in the USA than in any United Nations member state.
- The World Health Organization (WHO), in 2000, ranked the U.S. health care system as the highest in cost, 37th in overall performance, and 72nd in overall level of health.
- In 2009, the United States federal, state and local governments, corporations, and individuals, together spent $2.5 trillion on health care. That amount breaks down to $8,047 for every man, woman, and child in the country each year. This amount represented 17.3% of the GDP in 2008.
- Health insurance costs are rising faster than wages or inflation, and medical causes were cited by about half of bankruptcy filers in the United States in 2001.
How Is This Health Care System Working For You?With National Health Care having been signed into law and with the constantly increasing cost of health care, are we getting the results and seeing the improved health promised by our current government? Of course, the answer is a resounding “NO”! If any business in the business world provided such poor results, it would go out of business. But not the health care business. The worse the results being obtained, the higher the cost, and the more it thrives. Is there not something wrong with this picture? Yet our government continues to subsidize this failed industry with tax payer dollars (yours and mine) which will force every citizen, whether they pay taxes or not, or want to be a part of it or not, into this failed system. From where I sit, I am constantly receiving emails from people who have given this system every opportunity to fix their broken bodies — but their results prove the current health care system's efforts are a dismal failure.
Letters Tell of Health Care Failures
“Good morning Rev. Malkmus, I am so up to my ears in trying to feel better. I have been dealing with health issues since 2003. Here’s a quick rundown on what happened to me: In 2003 I took a drug for what the doctor said was a bladder infection. I took only one drug ‘Floxin’, one pill, one time, and that one pill has destroyed my life. I ceased being that happy active mom and wife. I have spent the past eight years looking for help from the medical community. I’m so tired of going to doctors looking for answers and finding none that I could scream. This one pill, taken only one time, has affected my whole central nervous system. I feel on edge every second of every day. It is awful. I cry myself to sleep most nights thinking of how my life used to be before taking that pill. I am a Christian and have prayed to the point I don’t even know how to pray anymore. Rev. Malkmus is there anything at all that you can think of that can help me or do you know of any doctor that might be able to shed some light on how to overcome the affect this drug has had on my life and body?” Jackie R., Miami
“Dr. Malkmus, My 57-year old husband has advanced stage 4 prostate cancer with bone metastasis. He was sent home in November 2010 to die as the doctors said there was nothing more they could do for him. Over the years and especially since last fall I have encouraged him to go vegan but it was not an easy sell despite the fact that we are both ordained ministers. We should have been eating to live – not the opposite as the world is doing, living to eat – and we have repented. In January 2011 I did convince him to begin vegetable juicing and it started to turn around his cancer. His PSA fell from 348 to 112. However, he still insisted on some animal products and as a result in April his PSA started to rise again. We are both on leave from ministry at this time as he is very ill. His left side, especially his left leg is losing circulation. The doctors want to give him more radiation but he says ‘no’. I have just completed Dr. Campbell’s three online courses from Cornell on plant based nutrition and one of my instructors directed me to you and the Hallelujah Acres website. I really thank you for all you are doing in the field of biblical nutrition. I am astonished by all that I have learned. We both lost our first spouses to cancer. My first husband and the father of my two children died at age 33 of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Now my second husband has terminal cancer. I believe God has a nutritional ministry in mind for the two of us once he recovers.” Marilyn F.
In My Seminars...In my seminars I will often ask questions of those attending. Here are a few of those questions that I ask: How many of you have had a friend, loved one, or family member who was diagnosed with cancer?
- Almost every hand in the room goes up. Then I ask how many of those who had cancer died after being treated for their cancer. It is hard sometimes to see much difference between the numbers of those who had cancer and those who diedfollowing cancer treatment.
- The response is almost 100% of those present.
- Once again, almost every hand was raised.
- Hardly ever does a hand get raised.