Cinnamon Blueberry Tort
It's not just a dessert — it's fireworks for your taste buds! This intriguing combination melds the sweet, deep flavors of blueberries and dates with the satisfying zing of cinnamon and lemon.
Not to mention, cinnamon is an amazing, traditional remedy for dozens of ailments from joint and muscle pain to toothaches!
Makes 6 mini torts
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp distilled water
- Sea salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- 12 blueberries, reserved for garnish
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp agave
- Combine all ingredients in cinnamon pastry except water, into a good food processor such as the KitchenAid Food Processor.
- Add water to get desired consistency, process till smooth. Set aside
- Combine all ingredients in blueberry jam and mix till smooth
- Take cinnamon pastry mix and spoon a little over a Tablespoon and mold into small torts.
- Take a pastry bag and place the blueberry jam so that you can pipe into the torts
- Place a blueberry on top of the torte.
More recipes from Health News Magazine (Spring 2013):