- Eliminate all animal foods from the diet. Elevated blood glucose has been known to normalize in as little as two to three weeks after animal source foods are eliminated.
- Eat a mostly raw, low calorie, nutrient dense, whole food, plant-based diet like The Hallelujah Diet!
- Exercise! Staying fit helps restore insulin and leptin sensitivity.
- Optimize vitamin D blood levels (50 to 80 ng/ml) to improve insulin sensitivity.
- Emphasize whole plant foods while minimizing starchy foods that require excess insulin to metabolize.
- Monitor blood sugar if you have blood sugar issues; those on medication may need their doctor to help them taper off of medication.
- Minimize all sugar including natural sugars from fruit. Eat fruits whole, limit fruit intake, and avoid fruit juices.
- Maintain a daily source of essential fats such as flax seed, flax seed oil, Udo’s oil, and Pharmax Finest Pure fish oil.